- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- tortilla chips
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown the turkey; drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and water; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place the tortilla chips on a greased baking sheet.
- Layer with turkey, sour cream, and salsa.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Broil for a few minutes (4-5) or until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was super - I was the hero mom tonight. I scaled it back and did not give the meat the 'taco' treatment, we like it better seasoned with oregano, basil, parsley, salt and pepper instead of the mix. I layered the chips with sour cream, green salsa, a bit of refried beans, green onions, tomatoes, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Voila - bake in the oven for 15 min (did not broil) and you are a hero for a night. Served with sour cream, guacamole, salsa and refried beans. First time I have made nachos but definitely not the last.
Wow these are five stars PLUS! :) I cut this recipe in half to make it for a lunch for myself, and it not only was easy to do but I still have tons left to look forward to for dinner. I also liked broiling all of the ingredients together rather than just the cheese - gave the flavors a chance to mingle to make that five star flavor. I used all low-fat ingredients and topped them off with fresh chopped tomatoes. Will definitely make again - thank you for sharing!