New England Nachos
photo by marcia d.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 1 large shallot
- 12 ounces bacon
- 12 ounces nacho chips
- 12 ounces mild cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a large oven sheet or cookie sheet with two sheets of parchment paper, enough to overlap sides of pan. Set aside.
- Drain scallops in colander and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut scallops into quarter pieces, cover and refrigerate.
- Chop shallot, cover and refrigerate.
- In a large frying pan fry bacon until lightly crisp. Set bacon on paper towel to drain grease. Remove fry pan from heat, drain grease from pan reserving 1 tablespoon of the grease in frying pan. Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- Spread a bed (12oz) of the nacho chips onto the parchment paper prepared baking sheet. The chips should overlap.
- Reheat the frying pan with the 1 tablespoon of reserved bacon grease, cook the shallot in the grease pan on medium high for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place nacho chips into preheated oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Add scallops to shallot and bacon grease pan continue to cook mixture for 3-4 minutes longer until scallops are white in color. Remove scallops and shallot mixture from heat and drain in colander.
- Remove chips from oven. Evenly distribute shallot and scallop mixture over chips, evenly distribute chopped bacon over chips, top shredded cheese evenly over bacon and scallops.
- Return nachos to oven at 375 degrees until cheese melts, watch carefully not to over cook.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!