Recipe by Oatmeal3203
The scene: It was the week after Thanksgiving, I still had mounds of leftover turkey. I was craving nachos, chili, something hot and tasty that didn't involve cranberry sauce. This is what happened.
- 1 lb cooked turkey, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) jar fat-free mayonnaise (I used cains)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed (goya)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (goya)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomato and green chile mix (la contadina)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained (generic)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin seed, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 stalk celery, split lengthwise and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and stir to combine.
- In addition to the mozzarella, you can toss in any sharp cheese you might have on hand for flavor (I had a small chunk of asiago that I tossed in).
- Simmer on the rangetop, stirring occasionally until heated through and cheese is melted and mixed, About 30min.
- Serve warm with cornbread or nacho chips.