1/1 Photo of Turkey Sausage and Lentil Soup
1 hr 5 mins
Modified from a recipe found in TOH's Light and Tasty, October 2007. The original recipe was sent in by Suzanne of Blythewood, SC. I added more meat and used turkey instead. Also added more veggies. Great with a grilled cheese sammy and a salad for a warm dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped (5oz)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 14 ounces lean turkey kielbasa, halved and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a large saucepan coated with non-stick cooking spray, cook and stir onion and celery over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the sausage, carrot, and garlic; cook 2-3 minutes longer, or until onion is tender.
- 3Stir in the broth, lentils, oregano, cumin, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables and lentils are tender.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, Worchestershire sauce, and spinach. Cook until heated through and spinach is wilted.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Sausage and Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 1572.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 20.0 g