Recipe by Marsha D.
Recipe comes from the new cookbook by weight watchers. 2 points per serving serve with salad and garlic bread.
Top Review by Cook4_6
I used this recipe ... loosely to try to replicate a family favorite (minus polenta). I placed the sausage, peppers, onion and garlic in a baking dish and added one small zucchini and one small summer squash. I drizzled with 1T of olive oil and sprinkled with 1 T. Italian seasoning. Baked 375 convection for 20 minutes, flipped the sausage and baked 20 more. I added 1 28 oz. can Cento crushed tomatoes and stirred and placed back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Served on a flatbread like a sausage sandwich it points out to 7 points per full sausage serving. (5 for one sausage and vegetables only) Got great reviews from my 5th generation Italian-American kids!
- 1⁄4 lb Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1/4 slices
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large skillet with Pam cooking spray and heat skillet.
- Add sausage and stir frequently until no longer pink 5-6 minutes.
- Add bell peppers,onion,broth, garlic, pepper flakes and oregano. Saute all together for 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered 5 minutes more.