Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and had to put it here because it is just so good!I'm not a big fan of green beans so I subbed them for frozen corn and peas instead.This is a great dish for leftovers the next day also.I added about 1/2 cup of water to the soup to spread it a bit farther. Prep time includes the time it takes to boil the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place turkey in an even layer on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with a layer of onion and a layer of green beans (or peas,corn etc)so that the turkey is no longer visible.
- Pour the condensed soup over the onion layer, then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Stir together the cubed cheese and mashed potatoes; spoon over the top of the casserole, and spread to cover.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until heated through.
My family loved this dish. We have a difficult time eating left over turkey but it was delicious in this recipe. I cut the recipe in half to fit an 8X8 baking dish and used condensed cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom. To save time I microwaved a 28 oz container of frozen mashed potatoes. I used almost all of them but I love potatoes. Also I cubed the turkey. Excellent, versatile recipe. Sandra