Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
From Southern Living.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large sweet onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (12 ounce) turkey tenderloins, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (Pillsbury)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- To make Cranberry-Pecan Crusts: unfold each piecrust; press out fold lines.
- Sprinkle 1 piecrust with pecans and cranberries; top with other piecrust.
- Roll into a 14-inch circle, sealing together piecrusts.
- Cut into desired shapes with a 2- to 3-inch cutter.
- Place pastry shapes on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425° oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- To make pot pie: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add in onion; stir/saute for 15 minutes or until caramel colored; transfer onion to a bowl and set aside.
- In a shallow container, combine flour, salt, and pepper; dredge turkey in flour mixture.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter with oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add in turkey and brown on all sides.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir in onion.
- Add in spinach, stirring just until wilted.
- Pour turkey mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 30 minutes.
- Take dish out of oven; arrange crusts over pie before serving.
- Serve with any remaining crusts on the side.