1 hr 30 mins
From Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large sweet onions, diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (12 ounce) turkey tenderloins, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1To make Cranberry-Pecan Crusts: unfold each piecrust; press out fold lines.
- 2Sprinkle 1 piecrust with pecans and cranberries; top with other piecrust.
- 3Roll into a 14-inch circle, sealing together piecrusts.
- 4Cut into desired shapes with a 2- to 3-inch cutter.
- 5Place pastry shapes on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 6Bake in a 425° oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- 7To make pot pie: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter; add in onion; stir/saute for 15 minutes or until caramel colored; transfer onion to a bowl and set aside.
- 8In a shallow container, combine flour, salt, and pepper; dredge turkey in flour mixture.
- 9Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter with oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add in turkey and brown on all sides.
- 10Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk.
- 11Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 12Stir in onion.
- 13Add in spinach, stirring just until wilted.
- 14Pour turkey mixture into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- 15Bake, covered, in a 350° oven for 30 minutes.
- 16Take dish out of oven; arrange crusts over pie before serving.
- 17Serve with any remaining crusts on the side.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Pot Pie With Cranberry-Pecan Crusts
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.5
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 751.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 39.2 g