Recipe by TNTDynomite
Bright and cheery dish to serve all. The tropical flavor and bright colors serve nice for any occasion.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagezatarain caribbean rice
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast cutlets, pounded very thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice and transfer to 13x9 baking pan.
- Add 1/4 of the butter to the rice stirring until it melts
- Place rice in warm oven.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining 1/2 cup butter.
- Add turkey cutlets in batches and saute just until browned.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cutlets over the rice and return to the warm oven.
- Add shallots to skillet and cook until tender.
- Add wine and 1/2 cup of the Cointreau to the skillet.
- Simmer until reduced by 3/4.
- Heat oil in separate skillet add pepper strips, cook until almost tender.
- Add remaining Cointreau to the cooked pepper strips and set aside.
- Add bouillon cube and cream to the wine liqueur reduction,
- Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Arrange pepper strips over turkey and rice.
- Pour cream sauce over all.