Recipe by Aroostook
What a rich and nourishing soup. By far my favorite to freeze and take to work for lunch.
Top Review by Jeff Mehr
Very easy to make and great for after Thanksgiving turkey left overs. This makes a lot of soup and is very good with homemade noodles. The taste will depend on how your turkey was made. Mine was brined and apple wood smoked so it gave the soup a wonderful taste.
- turkey carcass
- 6 quarts water
- 1 cup celery, and leaves chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup carrot, chopped fine
- 4 cups medium egg noodles
- 3 cups frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- In large covered kettle place turkey cage, bones, S& P,carrots, celery plus half the onions in water.
- Simmer 1 hour.
- Remove the turkey parts and let cool.
- Pick the turkey meat and discard bones.
- Add turkey, remaining onions and cook ten minutes.
- Add noodles to soup.
- Simmer until noodles are tender.
- Add frozen peas to hot soup and serve.