Mema's Thanksgiving Leftovers Soup (Turkey Noodle Soup)
- Ready In:
- 3 turkey legs (6 lb bone in turkey breast or left over carcass)
- 8 cups water
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope turkey gravy
- 1 (12 ounce) bag broad egg noodles
- 3 cups prepared stuffing (divided)
- Place turkey in a large stock pot, or crock pot, add water, stock, celery seeds, onion flakes, sage, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 6 - 8 hours, or set crock pot on high for 6 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the liquid then separate turkey meat in small bite size chunks from all bones, cartilage, excess skin, gristle from the turkey and discard. Be very careful when doing this as there are a lot of small bones.
- Place turkey meat back into liquid, add turkey gravy and mix.
- Add egg noodles and cook for recommended time on package.
- Add 2 cups of stuffing and stir.
- Toss remaining stuffing on as garnish to a full bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!