Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
from Jenno-O website http://www.jennieo.com/recipes/223-Best-Ever-Turkey-Meatloaf?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=maketheswitch3
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (20 ounce) package lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, if desired
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, ¼ cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt, if desired to turkey mixture; mix well. Press into 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Spread remaining ½ cup ketchup over top.
- Bake 1 hour or until the internal temperature of meatloaf is well-done, 165ºF. as measured by a meat thermometer. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes before slicing.
- Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.