Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really tasty and light soup. Easy to make. From Martha Stewart.
- 170.09 g lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large beaten egg
- 44.37 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 236.59 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped into a 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 236.59 ml farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- 1 fennel bulb, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup parsley, salt and pepper, and mix well with your hands. Using a teaspoon, form 1-inch meatballs, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of stock over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium high, add carrots and remaining stock, and bring to a gentle boil. Add pasta; cook for 5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, add meatballs, and simmer gently until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in fennel and remaining parsley.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Very good light supper, we loved it! Great turkey meatballs and a lovely broth, especially like the finish with the fennel bulb. Thanks for posting , I will make it again.