1/4 Photos of Turkey & Homemade Noodle Soup
2 hrs 6 mins
boy named Sous's Note:
A delicious and filling turkey frame soup with homemade noodles! Worth every second of fixing it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a large piece of cheesecloth, bundle up the carcass and add 1/2 white onion and a handfull of celery tops.
- 2Tie the bundle securely.
- 3Boil turkey bundle for about 5 to 6 hours. In the meantime, mix salt and 5 eggs and whip with fork until lemon yellow. Add 6 tablespoon water.
- 4Pour over the 5 cups of flour in a large bowl. mix well, scraping sides. Turn out onto counter, mine is wood so it does not stick, even without extra flour. You may need to flour yours first. Get your husband or teenage son.or rent one for the occasion, lol. Have them knead the dough till it gets smooth and almost glossy.
- 5I use my Pasta Queen hand crank pasta maker at this point. Go to Ukrainian Lokshyna (egg noodles) to find out how to hand roll them.
- 6After making them, toss with flour to prevent sticking to each other and lay them out till needed.
- 7When ready to add to the soup, shake off excess flour.
- 8After the carcass is done boiling take the bundle out and put it in a bowl to drain - do NOT open bundle yet!
- 9Strain soup through a fine mesh strainer and return to pot. Pour drained liquid from bundle and after straining add this to pot also.
- 10Bring broth to a boil and add carrots Boil for 8 minutes then add celery, turkey and noodles. Make sure noodles do not clump when added by stirring while adding.
- 11Cook soup for 9 minutes more.
- 12Soup's on!
Browse Our Top Kid-Friendly Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Kid-Friendly Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey & Homemade Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 529.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: