Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For an easy supper dish that uses up the Christmas turkey leftovers in a very different way, try this crispy hash fry-up.
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely diced
- 2 waxy potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 155 ml olive oil
- 250 g turkey, diced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, finely chopped
- 5 free-range eggs, beaten lightly
- 8 slices bacon, rinds removed
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the red onion, red pepper and potatoes in 125ml olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, until tender and lightly browned (about 12 minutes).
- Put the turkey and tarragon into a mixing bowl and season to taste. Add the eggs to the bowl and combine well.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the non-stick frying pan. Spoon in the mixture to cover the whole pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, then turn and lightly brown the other side.
- Meanwhile, grill the bacon rashers until crisp.
- To serve, cut the hash into wedges. Put dollops of crème frâiche at the side with some crispy bacon.