Recipe by rsgunnell
From "Grow Healthy Kids" by Linda S. Peavey this is a recipe I have used for years, since the kids were kids (grown-ups now) and it originally called for chicken but I made the substitution to use up holiday meal leftovers. Enjoy! Make 2 if you have the ingredients then put 1 in the freezer for later.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned tomatoes
- 2 cups broth or 2 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle, cooked
- 1⁄4 lb gouda cheese or 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 lb parmesan cheese
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir fry onions in margarine until transparent.
- Add celery, broccoli, stir fry 5-10 minutes longer.
- Add tomatoes, broth, mushrooms, meats & spices.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Arrange noodles on bottom of 9X13" pan.
- Cover with meat-veggie mixture.
- Sprinkle half the Gouda and half the Parmesan over this mixture.
- Top with half the Cheddar slices.
- Repeat layers, using same order.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned and casserole is bubbling.