Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very simple meal I discovered in the local newspaper 'Simply Food' section by Kate Murdoch (2nd April 08 - Courier Mail www.newsspace.com.au) that I modified slightly due to my non-steak eating habits.
- 8 turkey chops (usually small)
- 500 g potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 field mushrooms, sliced
- 300 ml low-fat thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until golden and softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the stock, red wine and low-fat cream to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened and reduced slightly. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Remove from heat and cover.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the steamed potatoes and rosemary. Cook for 5 minutes or until potato is golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat a stovetop grill on high. Cook the turkey chops for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, cover and set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Return the sauce to the heat, add the mushrooms and stir until warmed through.
- Divide the turkey chops among serving plates and top with the mushroom sauce. Serve with potatoes.