Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A healthy, warm chili for a cold winter night!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- 3 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add ground turkey and chopped onion and cook until browned.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Return the turkey and onions to the stockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients, EXCEPT for the red wine, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 2 hours.
- Add the red wine and continue cooking for another hour.