Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on the "Light & Tasty" website but I modified it to fit my tastes. It has a kind of Greek flair to it! Feel free to play around with the seasonings to suit one's preference as I did! I think it could also be served in a pita pocket as well.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons feta cheese (I use reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- For the burgers, mix the turkey, onion powder, sour cream & italian seasoning.
- Shape into four thin patties. Top two of the patties evenly with feta cheese. Top with remaining two patties & press edges to seal.
- Grill burgers until meat is done. (I use my George Foreman; it takes about 4 minutes).
- Mix herb sauce ingredients & spread generously on bottom & top of toasted buns. Slide on the burgers & enjoy!
Such a tasty turkey burger. I love the addition of feta cheese to the burgers...it adds a really nice punch of flavor to a burger that is usually a little on the bland side. I used my indoor grill to make the burgers since it isn't quite outdoor grilling weather where we live. I can't wait to make this on the grill with good old fashioned wood charcoal. The sauce was wonderful as well however; my daughter who is often in the kitchen sampled it ahead of time and decided it needed a bit more lemon juice. That was the only change made. Thanks for sharing this keeper. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2011.
I really loved this. I have had it twice now. The first time I pan fried it and the burger stayed nice and plump which helped keep the feta whole. The next time I used your method and used the George Foreman and my burger flattened out to a huge burger and I think it pressed all the goodies out. I used the extra leftover sauce in the bowl to dip my burger in. I really enjoyed it. Thank you Luv! PAC Fall 'o7.