I found this on the "Light & Tasty" website but I modified it to fit my tastes. It has a kind of Greek flair to it! Feel free to play around with the seasonings to suit one's preference as I did! I think it could also be served in a pita pocket as well.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons feta cheese (I use reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- For the burgers, mix the turkey, onion powder, sour cream & italian seasoning.
- Shape into four thin patties. Top two of the patties evenly with feta cheese. Top with remaining two patties & press edges to seal.
- Grill burgers until meat is done. (I use my George Foreman; it takes about 4 minutes).
- Mix herb sauce ingredients & spread generously on bottom & top of toasted buns. Slide on the burgers & enjoy!