Recipe by English_Rose
These tasty burgers can also be eaten sandwiched between a bun and layered with salad and tomato ketchup. Ideal for kids parties.
- 1 lb turkey breast, chopped roughly or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and grated (squeeze out excess juice)
- 2 ounces white breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 ounces plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 3 ounces white breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the turkey, onion, herbs and apple. Chop for a few seconds in a food processor.
- Return the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs, stock and Worcestershire sauce and season to taste.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 12 burgers.
- Dip the burgers in the flour, then in the egg and coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and saute the burgers for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.