Recipe by Jane Gib
A trukey and leek dish with sauce. I used to do this for my DD when she was young, as she wouldn't eat leeks, but she loved them done this way. You can also add some pasta or rice.
- 1 lb leek, sliced
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 sage leaves, shredded
- 1 lb turkey, uncooked and diced
- 1 ounce flour
- 1 ounce breadcrumbs
- 1 pint turkey broth or 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 cooking apple, peeled cored and grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine (dry)
Directions See How It's Made
- in the butter cook the leeks by placing in a pan in a medium heat and keep covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minute.
- stir in the sage and turkey and cook for another 10 minute.
- stir in flour, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. slowly pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- add grated apple and sugar, stir well and cover tightly.
- simmer gently for 30 minute
- stir in the sherry.
- if using rice or pasta, cook and add to dish.