Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A trukey and leek dish with sauce. I used to do this for my DD when she was young, as she wouldn't eat leeks, but she loved them done this way. You can also add some pasta or rice.
- in the butter cook the leeks by placing in a pan in a medium heat and keep covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minute.
- stir in the sage and turkey and cook for another 10 minute.
- stir in flour, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. slowly pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- add grated apple and sugar, stir well and cover tightly.
- simmer gently for 30 minute
- stir in the sherry.
- if using rice or pasta, cook and add to dish.
Very easy & very delicious! My youngest claims to not like leeks, too, so I just don't mention them by name. Everybody loved this - no leftovers! Thank you for posting!