Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From my recipe collection to be tried. A good recipe for turkey leftovers.
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups prepared stuffing
- 1⁄2 cup turkey broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup turkey gravy
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 slices American cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine dressing, broth, butter, and egg; mix well.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-inch pie plate, set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in turkey, gravy, peas, parsley, pimentos, Worcestershire and thyme, heat through.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- If desired, arrange the cheese slices on top of the pie and return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.