Recipe by Manami
Bottled ranch dressing is customized with garlic, dill and crushed red pepper flakes. This salad is very easy to put together and tastes fantastic! My best friend Judy and I, spent the day together when we decided to have this for lunch; served it with pita bread and a lovely fruit salad.
- 1⁄3 cup light ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 4 ounces roasted turkey, cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bagpreshredded lettuce
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1 anaheim chili, sliced into thin rounds (optional)
- 10 black olives, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons almonds, toasted and chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ranch dressing, low-fat milk, minced garlic, dried dill, salt and crushed red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Combine tomato, celery, green onion, preshredded lettuce, chickpeas, black olives, Anaheim chile rounds, crumbled blue cheese and turkey & raisins, in a nice salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Sprinkle in nuts.
- Toss gently to coat.