Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on a website called Cookipedia. It is easy and sounds delicious! It is served as a salad, but also could be used as a dip. Posted for ZWT9
- 1 3⁄4 lbs carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (add more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon harissa (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- black olives, to garnish
- Boil the carrots in water with salt until they are tender. Mash the carrots, or puree them with a blender or food processor.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, garlic and spices, and chill.
- Place in a serving dish and garnish with the olives. Serve with bread.
- *If you don't have harissa, you can substitute with paprika (not smoked) and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
WOW! I was worried about this...mashed carrots?! But everyone LOVED this! It's surprisingly & wonderfully different. The vinegar really kicks it up. Very easy to make, too. Made for Traveling Through Tunisia in the NA/ME Forum 10/2013.
Pam you are correct these carrots can be used as a side or an appetizer. These where a wonderful side to our Moroccan dinner and went really well with Recipe #191057. There is a little left that I am thinking would make a good lunch wrap with some cool crisp veggies. Thanks for the post.