Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is a meal in itself.
- 1 lb eggplant
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, Crumbled
- crisp salad green
- Roast eggplant in the oven until the skin is charred.
- Allow to cool and peel off charred skin; cut the eggplant into 1 inch cubes.
- Arrange with green pepper in 2-quart shallow casserole dish.
- In a glass jar with lid, combine garlic, oil, vinegar, oregano and salt; shake well.
- Pour over eggplant mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Drain marinade and reserve for other use. Toss marinated vegetables with tuna and tomato.
- Spoon in to salad bowl lined with crisp greens.
I made this without the tuna, I just wanted a different salad. This is very different and very tasty. I kept the eggplant crisp tender and added extra garlic. Very good!
this was really good! i left out the tuna and used the marinade like a dressing. very easy and a pretty dish to serve.