Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The original recipe calls for pumpkin, but I prefer sweet potatoes in my stew. Use more or less harissa to suit your taste.
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 6 cups water
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups raw pumpkin or 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 -4 teaspoons harissa
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In large pot, cook onions until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until boiling. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes or pumpkin is tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley when serving for color, if desired.