Recipe by vrvrvr
Have enjoyed these yummy things for years...not sure what category of eating they fit into...Main dish? Side dish? Brunch? All of the above!
Top Review by DuChick
Mmmm! Charlie the Tuna would be a happy camper with this recipe! I used light mayo and light cheese. I also swapped out the green pepper for broccoli which I steamed before mixing with the other ingredients. It was so easy, so healthy and great tasting! Thanks vivmom!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes, prick with fork, bake in 400 degree oven for 1 hour.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out potato pulp into large bowl, leaving shells intact.
- Combine pulp with mayo, cheddar, green pepper, scallions and tuna. Mix well.
- Stuff potato shells.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- (Can also drizzle a little melted butter over the top and pass under the broiler until sizzling and browned, but this is considered rather decadent. You decide.).