Ham and Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
a great main dish, or side dish, served with a meat dinner.
- Ready In:
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons grated onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and pat dry potatoes.
- Rub each potato with shortening.
- Prick potatoes several times with fork.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees.
- Cut in half, and scoop out inside leaving shell, and place on a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat potatoes for 1 minute.
- Add butter,onion,eggs, and pepper.
- Continue until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold in 1 cup of cheese and 1/2 cup of ham, fill potato shells with mixture.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese , and 1/2 cup of ham.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are throughly heated, and cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My potato was HUGE! So I used one potato and halved the recipe. Adjusted the cooking time to my potato size. Worked perfectly! I reduced the amount of onion and could still taste it....so I'd probably reduce it more. Loved the ham and cheese combo, and making a baked potato a full meal! Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars tag game.Reply
see 10 more