Recipe by KelBel
Simple, quick and comforting, these golden cakes go well with a spoonful of reduced-fat sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped fresh chives. Try mixing in a bit of chopped dill, capers or lemon zest, or using canned salmon for a variation. From arcamax.com.
Top Review by jswinks
I think we'll give these another try. The mix was hard to form because it was pretty watery. No way I was going to get them 1/2 inch thick so we lost the crispiness that would have been better if thiner. Good flavor though, I added chives and capers. Maybe we'll add some bread crumbs next time so that would be firmer and not fall apart. But a nice creative and easy dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Partially mash potatoes in a bowl with a fork until they begin to hold together.
- Add tuna, egg, salt, pepper and I teaspoon oil; stir to combine.
- Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; add the patties and cook until browned on the first side, about 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the patties with a wide spatula and cook until golden on the second side, about 3 minutes more.