Cod and Potato Croquettes
photo by daisygrl64
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 14 ounces dry salted cod (soaked overnight in water)
- 5 medium potatoes (peeled, cooked and mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine or 5 tablespoons any kind broth
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- after soaking cod overnight, change water.
- place cod in pot with enough water to cover it and boil cod for 15-20 minutes.
- remove from stove top, drain, let it cool and flake.
- peel and boil the potatoes in pot with a bit of salt, drain potatoes, and mash.
- let potatoes cool (I stick them in the freezer for quick cooling).
- place potatoes, cod, parsley, eggs, onions, nutmeg, garlic powder, pepper in a bowl and mix together.
- now add the wine or broth until you get a nice mashed potato consistency.
- taste for salt and add if needed.
- heat oil in deep fryer or a wok until very hot.
- reduce heat to medium, high.
- grab mixture with a tablespoon, with an other tablespoon grab same mixture working with tablespoons from back to front, until you get an oval shape patty.
- drop it into very hot oil.
- and fry until golden brown, turning patty to brown on both sides.
- remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain.
- Note: do NOT place more then 6 patty's into oil so not to cause oil to over flow.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook. ?Lately I have been baking a lot of bread, pizza dough and sweets. ?I have been a member for many years, and this site is where I come to for something new or old. ?I am hoping to soon add more recipes to my collection.