Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
We love these with the swirl biscuits on top. Another way to use bisquick.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Bisquick baking mix, plus
- 2 teaspoons Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 425.
- Grease bottom and sides of 9x13 pan with shortening.
- Melt butter in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook bell peppers and onion in butter 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Stir in Bisquick, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute, remove from heat.
- Stir in tuna, broccoli and lemon juice.
- Pour into pan, keep hot in oven while making biscuit swirls.
- Make biscuit swirls and place on tuna mixture.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until tuna mixture is bubbly and biscuit tops are golden brown.
- FOR SWIRL BISCUITS:.
- Stir bisquick and milk until soft dough forms.
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with bisquick, knead 10 times.
- Roll dough into 15x9 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up tightly, beginning at 15 inch side.
- Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices, about 1 1/4 inches wide.