Recipe by I'mPat
This is a recipe out of New Idea Magazine and could be good for the kids or the working mum and dad. Preparation and cooking times are estimates (allowing 12 minutes to cook pasta). 3 and 4 bean mix are tinned beans and can be a mix of any 3 or 4 beans for example, kidney, harricot, berlotti and lima - use in Mexican dishes, soups, salads etc.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a nice change of pace from other tuna pasta salads. I made this exactly as posted, except I used halved grape tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes. I did find that there was not quite enough dressing, so I had to make more to add to the salad. This makes a nice packable lunch that goes together quickly. Thanks for sharing! Made for Aussie/NZ Swap.
- 500 g pasta (recommend large spirals)
- 420 g four-bean mix
- 425 g tuna in water
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup gherkin
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (whole-egg)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (freshly, chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain four-bean mix, rinse and drain.
- Drain and flake tuna.
- Quarter cherry tomatoes.
- Finely chop gherkins.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water as per manufacturer’s instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- Place pasta, beans, tuna, cherry tomatoes and gherkins in a large bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, white vinegar and fresh parsley in a small bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to pasta, tossed until combined.
- Serve pasta salad with fresh fruit (a complete and healthy lunch for adult or child).