Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and healthy Italian salad.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 1⁄2 can tuna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 ml vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 clove crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 50 g black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until done.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Mix pasta, tuna (drained) and spring onion in bowl.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and sugar in a cup.
- Spoon pasta mixture onto a plate.
- Arrange egg and tomato around the edge.
- Drizzle on the dressing.
- Scatter olives and basil over the top.
I really loved the concept for this salad. I tweaked it a bit though because I thought the proportions were not exactly what I like. I added more tuna and used less pasta (plus I used whole wheat). I loved the dressing but cut down on the olive oil a bit. I also, on the second day, served it over a bed of spinach leaves and it was very very good. A nice salad!