Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that my mother made for years as I was growing up. It's a great comfort food recipe.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) box small shell pasta, cooked for 6 minutes and drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- In large suacepan, saute celery and onion in butter over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in soup, milk, and pimento until blended.
- In 2 quart casserole toss the pasta and the tuna; mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta.
- Mix together bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
This was very yummy, everyone enjoyed this in my house. I have made tuna casserole before but with peas, but there are people in my family who hate peas, so thought I would give this a try. The ingredients are normal cuboard. The only thing is that you did not list onion in your ingredients required. I used 1 small onion and diced it. I will make this again. Thank you Faith77
This is a very good recipe. I omitted the celery and i used cream of mushroom soup instead of cream of celery. It was a little bland, but with some salt it tasted really good. Instead of shell noodles I used spirals and it turned out fine.
I thought it was a bit bland so I threw in some cheddar and it was great! Also used rockfish instead of tuna.