Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my family's favorite tuna casserole recipe.
Make and share this Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas and carrots, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can canned tuna, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Saute onions and celery in oil until tender.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. *Note: be sure to break up tuna well.
- Transfer into a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
I got the 5 star okay from the whole family on this one! I guess there were three things I did different. Added a extra can of tuna, used one cup of frozen peas & carrots and then added one extra cup of cooked noodles. Oh yes, I added the cheese on top the last 15 minutes of baking. Thank you for such a GREAT recipe, we'll be using this often! Pick A Chef 2006