Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious salad for lunch or dinner!
- 1⁄2 cup marjoram leaves
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1⁄3 cup parsley (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 24 ounces tuna steaks (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 large red onions (1/2 inch slices)
- 1. Stir 8 cups fresh water in pot; add 1?2 cup marjoram sprigs and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 2 hours or until tender. Drain, discarding marjoram sprigs. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a small bowl mash anchovy fillets with a fork. Add parsley, capers, garlic, and mustard; mix thoroughly. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Add the 1/4 cup olive oil, whisking to combine ingredients. Season to taste with salt. Set aside.
- 3. Brush the tuna and onion slices with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Grill fish and onion on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 4 minutes. Turn and grill 4 to 5 minutes more or until tuna is slightly pink in center and onion is tender. (Or arrange the tuna and onion on unheated rack of broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 10 minutes or until tuna is slightly pink in center and onion is tender, turning once).
- 4. To serve, spoon beans onto 6 serving plates. Drizzle beans with remaining 4 tablespoons lemon juice. Place a fish fillet on each plate. Drizzle each serving with anchovy mixture. Serve with red onion slices. Sprinkle with additional marjoram sprigs. Makes 6 servings.
- *Test Kitchen Tip: Skinless salmon fillets can be used in place of tuna steaks. Salmon will be done when it flakes easily with a fork.