Recipe by susie cooks
This is really good! From my friend, Amy.
Top Review by Chickee
Really liked this recipe! My rice absorbed a lot of the liquid, and I let it stand before cutting, so it was more of a slice than a casserole. I used cheddar cheese out of preference, and we don't easily get pimentos in Australia so I left them out. Add some tabasco. Will make this again as a different way of serving what my mum always called "tuna and rice".
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup diced pimento, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus spears, drained
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine tuna, rice, pepper, onion, pimientos, soup and mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2 quart casserole dish.
- Lay asparagus spears across the entire top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes.