Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am not a big fan of tuna, but I think these are great! It's also a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. An alternative is to make up a quick batch of instant. For me, this must be served with a spicy mayo!
- 1 cup potato, mashed
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine mashed potatoes, tuna, parmesan, HALF the breadcrumbs, egg and salt and pepper.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Turn in flour, then in the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the olive oil over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
This recipe has been hanging around in my 'To Try' cookbook for months. Tonight it finally came out to be tried and so glad we did. Like DuChick, I made it into six patties and instead of plain mashed potatoes, I used roasted garlic potatoes. We found them to be just a touch bland (because we ate them plain). Next time around, I'm going to add some Old Bay Seasoning also. Thank you for sharing!!
This recipe intrigued me since we like tuna, but usually just eat it with mayo on bread. We found these little cakes surprisingly very tasty with the combination of ingredients. I used plain Panko for the breadcrumbs and added some Italian seasoning. I formed mine a bit larger and had 6 cakes. I would love to know what you used for "spicy mayo", Lawsome. That would make a nice addition. MERP'd for My 3 Chefs 09.