Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A refreshing change from everyday pasta. Easy enough to serve on a weeknight. Fancy enough to serve to company.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 1⁄2 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb dry penne pasta
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- In the meantime, add all other ingredients to medium saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add sauce to drained pasta and toss to coat. Serve warm.
This has extreme flavors going on in this recipe, I decreased the tomato paste by half and sauteed the onion and garlic with basil and thyme first for 3 minutes before adding in the remaining ingredients, also I added in 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes, thanks for sharing Aunty Mags!...Kitten:)