This is really good as a meatless main dish, or a side dish served with meat. I'm sure it can be made with fresh ingredients but I use canned tomatoes and dried spices because that's what I always have on hand.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spaghetti (I use whole wheat)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Saute garlic in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese.
- Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Toss sauce with spaghetti and Parmesan cheese and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is such an easy and tasty recipe! I made 1/4 the recipe for my sis and me and it turned out very, very yummy! I especially liked the combination of the tomato sauce, herbs and balsamic vinegar. Due to personal preference I added in some dried rosemary and chilli pepper flakes, but other than that stuck to your recipe and loved it! :)<br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a keeper with us, Babzy!<br/>Made and reviewed for I Recommend Tag July 2011.1Reply
see 9 more