1/2 Photos of Tukey Burgers (Adapted from Bobby Flay's Turkey Kofte Recipe
1 hr 27 mins
1 hr 12 mins
I meant to make Turkey Burgers tonight for dinner and found a recipe on Food Network from Bobby Flay which I altered slightly. Although it says Kofte, I thought it would still be yummy...and it WAS! I will say that it's not as much burger as it is kofte or meatloaf-like, but if you want a great recipe for ground turkey, here it is. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 large yellow onion, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon adobe pepper, finely chopped (could substitute cayenne pepper)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt (I used about 1 teaspoon)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup oatmeal, ground in grinder
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey, 93 percent lean
- 1Mix all ingredients except turkey together.
- 2Add turkey and mix well.
- 3Form into large patties 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thick.
- 4Place onto a plate and separate patties with plastic wrap, then place in fridge for at least 1 hour to let flavors meld. (I pre-made the patties before-hand as I did not want to have to do them later. You could place the whole bowl in the fridge then form the patties before you cook them too.).
- 5When ready to cook, take plate of patties out and place oven on Hi broil.
- 6Spray broiler pan with Pam then add the patties.
- 7Broil patties about 6-7 inches from heat for 6 minutes one side, flip then broil 6 more minutes. Flip again, broil 2 more minutes then take out and add cheese to melt ontop.
- 8For my fixin's, I like to mix my mayo and ketchup together and spread on buns along with some avocado and sauted mushrooms, lettuce and tomato.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tukey Burgers (Adapted from Bobby Flay's Turkey Kofte Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 174.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g