Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill Tomato-Tortilla Soup
photo by Pam L.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 8 overly ripe beef steak tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro
- diced avocado
- grated white cheddar cheese
- fried tortilla
- 1. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Add onions and cook until soft, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine and cook until reduced by half. Add the tomatoes and enough water just to cover the tomatoes. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium and simmer until tomatoes are very soft and start to break down, approximately 30 minutes.
- 2. Carefully transfer the mixture to a food processor and process (in batches if needed) until smooth. Return to the saucepan, season with cayenne, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese, avocado, cilantro and a few fried tortillas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!