Recipe by Metallica_Band
This recipe is GREAT and I think EVERYONE should try this AT LEAST once in their lifetime. BELIEVE ME...you won't regret it.
Top Review by Wendy-Bob
I thought this was ok but my other half really liked it, hence the 4 stars. He said that, for fish (he hates fish usually) this was nice and he'd definitely have it again - praise indeed! Me, I thought it was just ok. Different, but just SO much butter. I really like butter but even for me this was a bit much and it made the whole dish a bit too heavy to be honest. It was a really simple recipe to put together so I'm sure I'll make this again, but I'll do it this way for my other half and probably just with some herbs and lemon juice for me. Thanks for the recipe Metallica_Band, and thanks for getting my other half to eat fish! NOTE to those making this for the first time: Watch the almonds! I had to make mine twice. The first time I pulled them out the mike when they were light brown and then forgot about them while I was putting the fish on. A few minutes later I went to give them a stir and they sizzled up at me. Turns out they had kept cooking (a lot) in the butter while I'd left them. Did a second lot and stirred them loads once browned to get them cooling properly. This worked much better.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 4 (8 ounce) trout
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, melt the 1/3 cup butter or margarine in a microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add almonds and heat, uncovered, in the microwave for 3 minutes or until lightly browned; stir occasionally.
- Set almonds aside.
- Arrange fish in a shallow, 10-inch, heat resistant, baking dish.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter on each fish and sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Cover with wax paper and heat for 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon browned almonds over fish and heat, uncovered, in the microwave for 2 minutes or until heated throughly.