1/1 Photo of Tropical Coconut and Banana Shrimp
A light dish that is wonderful for summertime or for dreaming about being at the shore. It blends the flavors of coconut, pineapple, and banana that complement each other so well. I use cooked tail-off shrimp and canned pineapple as it makes the preparation much shorter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain juice form pineapple can into bowl with shrimp in it and set aside.
- 2Prepare rice as directed on box and add 1/4 cup of coconut to water while cooking.
- 3Cut banana in half long ways but do not seperate. Then slice banana across in 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- 4Add vegetable oil, banana slices and crushed pineapple to frying pan. Toss fruit to coat it and cook on low heat. Mix constantly until banana begins to break up.
- 5Transfer shrimp and pineapple juice into clean frying pan and add 1/2 cup coconut. Begin to cook on medium to high heat for 5 minutes.
- 6Add banana and pineapple mixture to shrimp and cook until juice is nearly evaporated.
- 7Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Coconut and Banana Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 179.3 mg
- Sodium 856.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g