Recipe by Babushka
A light dish that is wonderful for summertime or for dreaming about being at the shore. It blends the flavors of coconut, pineapple, and banana that complement each other so well. I use cooked tail-off shrimp and canned pineapple as it makes the preparation much shorter
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp
- 12 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large banana
- 2 cups quick-cooking rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain juice form pineapple can into bowl with shrimp in it and set aside.
- Prepare rice as directed on box and add 1/4 cup of coconut to water while cooking.
- Cut banana in half long ways but do not seperate. Then slice banana across in 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- Add vegetable oil, banana slices and crushed pineapple to frying pan. Toss fruit to coat it and cook on low heat. Mix constantly until banana begins to break up.
- Transfer shrimp and pineapple juice into clean frying pan and add 1/2 cup coconut. Begin to cook on medium to high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add banana and pineapple mixture to shrimp and cook until juice is nearly evaporated.
- Serve over rice.