Recipe by Aunt Willie
This is one of my grandmother's many vegetable "bakes." These recipes were either clipped from magazines or handwritten -- some with notes added later. This one had "From Trish" written on it -- probably meaning it came from my great-aunt Trish. I am amused by this and all the other zucchini recipes in the box -- I remember my grandfather did not like zucchini!
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook zucchini in a small amount of water.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, and flour in a large bowl.
- Sir in zucchini and cheese.
- Turn out in a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.