2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from Trisha Yearwood. I found it in Women's World magazine. According to Trisha, "A delicious twist on traditional sweet potatoes. It's so sweet, it's almost like dessert."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Cover jellyroll pan with foil; place potatoes on pan.
- 3Bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- 4When cool enough to handle, peel potatoes.
- 5Butter a 2- to 2 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. (If using souffle dish, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours until set in center, covering with foil after 10 minutes).
- 6In large bowl on medium speed, beat potatoes until smooth.
- 7Add eggs, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup butter, milk, vanilla and salt; beat until combined.
- 8Transfer to a baking dish.
- 9In bowl, stir together pecans, brown sugar, flour and remaining butter; spoon over potato mixture.
- 10Bake, covering if browning too quickly, until browned and bubbly, 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trisha's Sweet Potato Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.3
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Sodium 275.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 55.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g