Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fun recipe that I found in the April 2001 Ladies Home Journal magazine. It's quick to throw together and is great to munch on while watching football games. We really like spicy, but I have to admit that 4 teaspoons of hot sauce was too much for us. I'm leaving the original amount for those people who have asbestos tongues, but in the future, I will start with 2 teaspoons and then add to taste.
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 36 garden herb Triscuit crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix chicken, hot sauce and mustard.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon mixture on each cracker; place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Mix blue cheese and celery; spoon about 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture on each cracker.
- Bake at 400ºF for 4 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve with additional hot sauce.