Recipe by Sydney Mike
Yet another recipe from Better Homes and Gardens 'so good with FRUIT' cookbook. Not a lot of people like chicken livers, but for those who do, here you go! Preparation & cooking time does not include the cooked meatballs, shrimp or chicken livers.
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb meatballs, tiny, cooked
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- 1 lb chicken liver, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch, sugar & bouillon cubes, then add the water, vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce & butter.
- Cook & stir until the mixture boils, then cover, lower the heat & simmer 5 minutes.
- There should be about 3 cups of sauce that you can pour into a chafing dish big enough to group the meatballs, shrimp & livers in the sauce.
- Heat through & serve hot.