Recipe by Old widow
This is a Paula Deen Recipe I 've changed just a little. I've made them many times now and not only are they beautiful to serve on the holiday cookie tray but they freeze well and taste great.
Top Review by Sixtiesgirl
This is the second time I have made this cookie. This is a delicious cookie, but the batter does not hold together well for dropping so this time I added 6 ounces melted white chocolate squares with the condensed milk. This firmed the batter up and made it much easier to drop the batter. Otherwise a yummy cookie and highly recommended!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (14 ounce) packages shredded coconut
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, Generously grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites and salt. until foamy. Whisk in condensed milk and vanilla.
- Fold in coconut and 1 cup of semisweet chips and 1 cup white chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets and bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes, remove from pans and let cool completely.
- Melt remaining chocolate chips in microwave and dip bottom of each cookie in melted chocolate to coat. Allow to harden on waxed paper.