Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Nice easy dessert!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg white (from about 3 eggs)
- 3⁄4 lb flaked coconut (not shredded)
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate together in a bowl. (The recipe can be made up to this point and kept refrigerated up to 3 days in advance).
- Scoop the mixture with a small 1 to 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between the cookies. Bake until light golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on the pans.
- Remove from the pan and dip the bottoms in melted chocolate, then place back on the sheet tray to set up.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
VERY SWEET! In the future, I'll shop for unsweetened coconut! I mixed up the cookie ingredients and refrigerated overnight ~ I used a small cookie scoop that made 30 cookies, baked on parchment paper for 14 minutes ~ I dipped the bottoms of the cookies into the chocolate and returned them to the parchment; I then thought that more chocolate would remain on the cookie, instead of the parchment, if I laid the cookies on their side! I know now, that the chocolate would have come off the parchment intact! LOL ~ My first time to make macaroons! Made for Fall PAC 2011 ~Reply