3 hrs 45 mins
This cheesecake is impressive to look at and to eat. The steps are easy but it takes some time to prepare. However, it freezes beautifully for up to a month, so it can be prepared far in advance of your event. I have made this cheesecake many times as a birthday cake. Use a high quality chocolate in this recipe, not chocolate chips or baking chocolate. Try Valrhona, Callabeut or Lindt, which you can get at many grocery stores. Lindt bars come in 3 oz. bars. Also, this cake must bake at the temperature directed or it will be raw in the middle and overdone on the edges.
My Private Note
ten inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs or 2 cups cake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped fine
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped fine
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 1Mix the cookie or cake crumbs with the sugar and melted butter.
- 2Press firmly into the bottom of a 10" springform pan with 2" sides.
- 3Wrap the bottom of the pan in aluminum foil so that the foil comes up the side of the pan.
- 4Turn the oven onto 300 degrees F.
- 5,and ready a large pan, deep that the springform pan will sit comfortably in.
- 6In the bowl of your mixer with the paddle attachment, on low speed, beat the cream cheese until very soft.
- 7Add the sugar and sour cream and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- 8Slowly add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until completely incorporated.
- 9Scrape down the sides of the bowl before adding the next egg.
- 10After the last egg is incorporated, mix, still on low speed, for 1 minute more, scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix another 30 seconds.
- 11Split the batter evenly between 3 bowls.
- 12Put the chocolates in 3 seperate microwavable bowls.
- 13Microwave the dark chocolate at 50% power for one minute, mix until completely melted, then thoroughly mix into 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture.
- 14Melt the milk and white chocolates at 30% power for 1 minute each and mix each one until they are completely melted, then mix each one into 1/3 of the cream-cheese mixture.
- 15Pour the dark chocolate batter carefully into the prepared springform pan.
- 16Shake the pan slightly to settle the mixture.
- 17Now carefully spoon over (don't pour!) the white chocolate mixture, again shaking very slightly to even it out, the top with the milk chocolate mixture.
- 18Place the pan carefully into your deeper pan, the place both pans on your oven rack.
- 19Pour very hot water around the springform pan so that it comes half-way up the sides.
- 20Shut the oven door and let the cheesecake bake for about 2 1/2 hours.
- 21When it is done, the sides will be set but the center will still be jiggly, like jello.
- 22Don't worry- it will set fully during refrigeration.
- 23Remove from the oven, remove the springform pan from the water bath, and remove the foil.
- 24Let cool on a rack then refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- 25You can also wrap the cheesecake tightly in 2 layers of plastic and freeze for a month.
- 26To serve, remove the cake from the springform pan, slice into 16 pieces, and serve with chocolate sauce and a few raspberries.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (2585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9553.8
- Calories from Fat 5892
- Total Fat 654.7 g
- Saturated Fat 384.3 g
- Cholesterol 2589.6 mg
- Sodium 5363.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 824.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 522.7 g
- Protein 150.4 g